The Royal College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section - Rheumatology provides a forum for occupational therapy staff that have an interest in services for people with arthritis, musculoskeletal conditions and chronic pain.
We aim to improve knowledge, assessment and treatment by encouraging awareness of up-to-date approaches, exchange of ideas, continual professional development and research.
We provide expert knowledge and advice in influencing policy development and patient care and assist in the development of national guidelines working in partnership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
Our membership includes occupational therapy staff and students working in out-patients, hand units, community settings, acute hospitals, specialist rheumatology units and universities. This results in a diverse network of members with complementary skills and experience.
Become a member
Become a member of RCOTSS - Rheumatology and network with like-minded occupational therapists from across the country who share your interest in rheumatology.
Membership within RCOTSS - Rheumatology also gives you opportunities to contribute to practice in rheumatology by sharing developments of your practice.
Get support from our committee and regional representatives and contribute to promoting high quality services for rheumatology practice.
We have an active and vibrant membership of over 100 members.
Benefits of joining
- Access to a network of occupational therapy staff working with people with arthritis, musculoskeletal conditions and chronic pain.
- Opportunities to actively engage in research and access to research articles and information, helping you to develop the evidence base for your service.
- To be part of local, active, regional groups in most parts of the country which hold regular meetings and study days.
- Access to our website.
- Receive the 'The Journal of Rheumatology Occupational Therapy' including articles, research developments, service improvements and issues of interest to rheumatology occupational therapists.
- A National Executive Committee representing your interests at local and national level. Committee members have links with British Health Professionals in Rheumatology (BHPR) and Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA) and keep members informed of important developments and issues.
- Reduced registration fees at our conferences and study events.
- Discretionary bursaries to support audit, research, CPD activities and the promotion of occupational therapy in rheumatology.
- Opportunity to enter the annual Arthritis Research UK Silver Medal Award of £1000, awarded jointly by Arthritis Research UK and RCOT Specialist Section - Rheumatology for audit or research reports, innovations, service improvements, case studies or course work.
- Opportunity to develop skills such as networking, chairing meetings, organising study days and increase your opportunities to influence rheumatology occupational therapy practice through getting involved in your local regional group or volunteering for a committee role.
For any general enquiries to the RCOTSS - Rheumatology please contact: email@example.com.
Membership is open to RCOT members interested in furthering their knowledge of rheumatology
Annual membership fees:
- RCOT member £30
- Library journal subscription £50
- RCOT students/associate member £10
The membership year runs from October to September each year.
Send a completed membership form to the address on the form along with a cheque for the correct membership fee. Make cheque payable to the Royal College of Occupational Therapists Ltd.