Do you have a desire to influence the direction of the occupational therapy profession in Scotland? Do you combine political and policy interest with the ability and passion to lead and influence on behalf of the profession?
Based in Scotland, but part of a wider UK policy and practice team, you will be responsible for promoting and raising the profile of the profession to key stakeholders in Scotland.
Working with the support from a Public Affairs Agency, the post requires liaison with key stakeholders such as members of the Scottish Parliament and Government and campaigning on behalf of the profession across Scotland. With a broad understanding of government policy in Scotland and specifically health and social care policy, the Policy Officer will understand and be able to communicate how this impacts upon the occupational therapy profession.
- You will need to be an effective communicator: you will liaise with politicians, health and social care officials and occupational therapy members using your skills to influence and inform.
- You will have excellent written skills: You will be able to translate and communicate complex information to a wide and varying audience.
- You will need an understanding of the breadth of the occupational therapy profession.
- You will have excellent time management and project management skills: you will need to prioritise when and where to use your time to maximise impact.
- Self-motivated, with energy and enthusiasm, you will motivate volunteer members and respond quickly to external events and enjoy balancing a variety of demands on your time.
This post is offered as a permanent position, which will be home-based and within daily commutable distance of Edinburgh. The successful candidate will be required to travel widely throughout Scotland and to our head office in London Bridge.
Permanent, Full time, 35 hours per week, Home-based (within daily commutable distance from Edinburgh).
To apply please download an application pack below and then forward your application to Angela Conway, HR Advisor, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in this new opportunity and would like an informal discussion about this position, please contact Karin Bishop, Assistant Director – Professional Practice: email@example.com.