This publication is an evidence-based resource to support occupational therapists working with adults in secure settings.
It provides a practice guideline with recommendations for those occupational therapists currently working in this speciality, as well as offering a useful reference document for students. It can also be used to inform patients and carers, together with other health professionals, managers and commissioners working in forensic mental health services, about the roles and responsibilities of the occupational therapist in this clinical area.
- Occupational therapists use of occupation-focused practice in secure hospitals Practice guideline 2nd edition (PDF, 1.49MB)
- Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 373.86KB)
- Secure hospitals CPD session PowerPoint (PPTX, 537.78KB)
- Implementation tips (PDF, 332.86KB)
- Audit form (PDF, 424.74KB)
- Publications order form (XLSX, 62.01KB)