London is one of the country's most diverse areas, with several specialist hospitals and a multiplicity of other hospitals and 33 local authorities - we need your help to develop a dynamic regional organisation.
- Regional Chair: Christopher Denney
- Vice-chair/UK Regional Forum Lead: Vacant
- Secretary: Suhailah Mohamed
- Treasurer: Vacant
- Regional Communications Lead: Heldi McCaskill
- Social Media Lead/Co-opted Representative: Mike Griffin
- Member Activity Lead: Vacant
- Co-opted Student Representative (London South Bank University): Kat Peever
- Co-opted Student Representative (London South Bank University): Lucy Pearce
- Co-opted HEI Representative (London South Bank University): Clare Beanlands
- Co-opted HEI Representative (Brunel University): Gail Eva
- Co-opted HEI Representative (London South Bank University): Sarah-Jayne Kennedy
RCOT's London region members are welcome to attend the committee meetings. Please come along to understand what happens behind the scenes and share your ideas. We value members' contributions to discussions and plans.
Please email RCOT.London@rcot.co.uk with your interest in attending any of the committee's meetings as detailed below.
Committee meeting dates:
- 9th Oct 2017
- 11th Dec 2017
- 5th Feb 2018
- 9th April 2018
- 11th June 2018
- 13th Aug 2018
Venue: Room 309, Keyworth Building, London Southbank University, 103 Borough Road, SE1 0AA.
Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Please note that we will have an updated venue for our 2018 meetings.
Find out more
Save the date for the region's upcoming free CPD events:
- 15 November 2017: Quality Improvement by Laura Stuart-Neil, Lead for Allied Health Professions/ Lead for Quality Improvement, North East London NHS Foundation Trust.
Venue: Robens Suite, 29th Floor, Tower Wing, Guy's Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9RT. Time: 18:00 – 20:00.
- 26 October 2017: RCOT London Region Roadshow
- 28 November 2017: Induction for the Royal College of Occupational Therapists Professional Networks
Please email Olivia.Lokko@rcot.co.uk for details.
RCOT members can access UNISON services via local staff stewards. If you do not have a UNISON staff steward then contact your UNISON Branch Secretary by telephoning 0800 0857 857.
The London Region OT Shop Stewards' Forum meets three times per year. Any OT shop steward is welcome to attend. Feedback from your workplaces is taken to the National RCOT/Unison Panel so that our national work plan can reflect the experiences in the workplaces.
If you would like more details about the forum or about the shop steward role, please email Jackie Loudoun J.Loudoun2@unison.co.uk.
Our planned dates for 2017 are:
- Tuesday 23 May
- Monday 2 October
Lifelong Learning Grant
Looking for alternative funding option for CPD? Consider applying for a Lifelong Learning Grant (LLG). The grants are not used to fund pre-registration training (i.e. Degrees, MSc. courses), but provide financial support to enable members of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) to participate in short courses, workshops, conferences or other activities related to their continuous professional development and the promotion of the profession.
Funding can be used to contribute to or cover the fees for the course/activity/event but does not cover the cost of travel and subsistence. Individuals will be able to claim up to a maximum of £200 and successful applicants will be required to submit a report/article (minimum 500 words) within one month of the end of the event, giving feedback on the activity and how it benefited their practice.
Please send applications and enquiries to: RCOT.London@rcot.co.uk