Purpose of the genHOME?
The purpose of the genHOME project is to promote the health and wellbeing of older and disabled people and their families by raising the quality and impact of international research in home modification and housing design through:
- The use of agreed terminology and outcome measures
- Information Management of the evidence
- Co-ordinating and planning necessary research
- Dissemination of evidence
- Collaboration between all stakeholders in matters of home modification and housing design
Functions and benefits of the genHOME project:
- To provide a strategic overview of the evidence base in the area of home modification and housing design for older and disabled people and their families.
- To identify research priorities across this field of research.
- To encourage a consistent use of research terminology, methodology, and outcome measures across this field of research in order to build a more coherent and compelling body of evidence.
- To provide a platform for promoting and facilitating interdisciplinary research.
- To promote the efficient use of research resources.
- To provide a platform for generating and disseminating useful resources for all people with an interest in home modification and housing design.
- To inform national and international policy and strategy on home modifications and housing design.
Collaboration between researchers, academics, practitioners, and members of the public is the cornerstone of the genHOME project.
So, if you want to get involved, or make us aware of any published material not currently in the database, or simply want regular updates on the project’s progress, then please contact us and we will be in touch - email@example.com