Every year members of the College are invited to nominate their colleagues for a Fellowship of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists, or a Merit Award in recognition of their special contribution to the profession.
Fellowship Awards 2017
The award of Fellowship is the highest honour the College can bestow on members of the British Association of Occupational Therapists in recognition of exceptional service and outstanding contribution to the profession. This year, a Fellowship has been awarded to:
- Dr Jennifer Wenborn PhD MSc DipCOT FCOT - VALID Programme Manager, Senior Clinical Research Associate - Occupational Therapist, University College London / North East London NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr Wenborn has made an exceptional contribution to occupational therapy practice and research at a national and international level in the field of dementia. She is passionate about improving the quality of life of older people and her work on occupational therapy intervention is pivotal in demonstrating the effectiveness and evidence base of the profession. She is a well-known and highly regarded researcher who works on a number of high profile studies and has published many high quality papers. She is an ambassador for the profession who consistently promotes the value of occupational therapy and a mentor for aspiring researchers.
- Dr Elizabeth White PhD PGDip DipCOT FCOT - formerly Assistant Director of Education and Research at the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
Dr White has been influential in taking forward the vision of an occupational therapy profession in which practice is evidence-based. She was instrumental in establishing the UK Occupational Therapy Research Foundation (UKOTRF) and played a substantial role in the formation of the Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR). In addition, Dr White has contributed greatly to the increase in research capacity and research funding for occupational therapists and the development of strategic research partnerships.
The College is grateful to members who have contributed to and supported the nominations submitted for 2017.
Merit Awards 2017
The Merit Awards are for OTs recognised by their peers in the occupational therapy community for excellence in their sphere of work. These awards, introduced in 2008, are open to all BAOT members (students, practitioners, associate members, managers, educators, researchers, new practitioners) with a minimum of two full consecutive membership years.
The College is delighted to give a Merit Award this year to:
- Sara Forster, Head of Occupational Therapy, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
- Clare Hopkins, Independent Occupational Therapist Case Manager, Clare Hopkins Ltd, Cambridge and part a network of Case Managers, Independence Works
- Dr Yeliz Prior PhD PGCAP MBPC FHEA HCPC, Research Fellow, School of Health Sciences, University of Salford
- Kate Robertson, Consultant Therapist in Falls Prevention, Nottinghamshire Healthcare HS Trust; Honorary Assistant Professor, Division of Rehabilitation and Ageing, School of Medicine, University of Nottingham; Associate Lecturer, MSc Advanced Practice, University of Derby
Fellowship and Merit Award 2018
Has one of your colleagues made an outstanding contribution to the profession of Occupational Therapy? If so, consider nominating them for a RCOT Fellowship or Merit Award. Nomination forms and guidance will be available from June 2017.
For more information, please contact:
Dominique Le Marchand, Senior Administrative Officer, at the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
Tel: 020 7450 2317 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org