About the Professional Practice Enquiries Service

How can we help you?

The Professional Practice Enquiries Service is a member benefit that deals with enquiries relating to all aspects of professional practice in the workplace.

These may include: 

The enquiries team work towards a set of Professional practice Enquiries Service standards which ensures our commitment to you. 

We will...

  • respond to all enquiries within five working days.
  • treat you with respect, and without discrimination.
  • respect confidentiality at all times, except if there is a safe guarding issue raised.
  • listen to your queries and access all of the resources available to provide an appropriate response.
  • keep you updated on the progress of the query if there is a delay.
  • Where we are not able to help with your query, we will do our best to suggest other courses of action that might be available.
  • introduce ourselves when speaking to you on the telephone.
  • make a note of our conversation and the advice provided in case you need to call back.

Who do we help?

The service is open to a range of people and professions:

  • Occupational therapists who are members of the Royal College
  • Other health and social care professionals who manage occupational therapists
  • Members of the public who require help accessing occupational therapy services

Who to contact?

The service is run by Anne Keen and Kewcha Ambrose.

Anne is the professional advisor and an occupational therapist by background with a specialism in mental health.

Kewcha is the enquiry coordinator who is trained to an IAG level 4 and is a qualified information, advice and guidance practitioner.

The team can be contacted on: professional.enquiries@rcot.co.uk or 020 7450 2330. The service is open  Monday - Friday from 9am-5pm

*Please remember to quote your membership number in all communications*

Find out more

Non-members seeking support from the enquiries service

If you are an occupational therapist, or studying to become an occupational therapist, and would like to use the enquiries service you will need to become a member. Find out more about joining and the different membership options we offer.

Finding an occupational therapist

If you would like to find a private occupational therapist, an online directory of occupational therapists is supplied by RCOT Specialist Section Independent Practice. Alternatively you can call the RCOT Professional Practice Enquiries Service on 0207 450 2330.

Terms and conditions of work or problems in the workplace

For help and advice at work - or to find out more about UNISON services - please contact your local BAOT/UNISON steward or call the UNISONdirect hotline on 08000 857 857. Calls are at local rate and lines are open 6am-midnight Monday-Friday and 9am-4pm Saturdays.