RCOT looks to enthusiastic members to volunteer to put on local events, meet and develop local groups and enjoy the networking and social gatherings of being part of a vivacious group of like minded professionals.
2017/18 Nominations for RCOT Regional Committee Vacancies
Contribute your skills and experience to your profession and professional association
Nominations are open 1 July – 31 August 2017
The Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) Regions are branches of the professional body for occupational therapists, students and support workers. They are dedicated to supporting members regionally and locally, providing networking opportunities, learning and funding through Lifelong Learning Grants. Regions are run by members who volunteer to sit on committees. They are a great way to engage with and develop your professional networks and provide continuing professional development. Reach out and add to your professional profile, make a difference!
Be ambassadors for your profession and become an active member of your regional committee!
To chair regional committee meetings, to have an overview of regional activities and act as the key contact and facilitator for the region as well as RCOT.
Vice Chair - Regional Forum Lead
This role is the link between the region and RCOT which includes attending the UK RCOT Regional Forum, twice a year.
Social Media Lead
This role is responsible for managing and maintaining social media accounts on behalf of the Region. This includes Facebook and Twitter.
Member Activity Lead
This role is responsible for taking the lead on regional activities for members and being the first point of contact for RCOT. Tasks include having an overall knowledge of RCOT Roadshows, regional careers events and local events.
To collate and circulate agenda items and information in preparation for meetings, take minutes and distribute to committee members and to RCOT.
This role is to ensure financial affairs are compliant with RCOT governance and to act as the primary point of contact for financial matters.
Regional Communications Lead
To produce regional e-newsletters with members of the committee as well as to support and encourage the writing of news and articles for inclusion in the regional e-newsletter, reports or for inclusion in OTnews.
Regional Committee Vacancies
- Eastern – No current vacancies – co-opted members welcome
- London – Regional Forum Lead, Treasurer
- Northern and Yorkshire – Secretary, Member Activity Lead
- North West – Social Media Lead, Member Activity Lead
- Northern Ireland – Chair, Vice Chair – Regional Forum Lead, Social Media Lead, Member Activity Lead, Treasurer, Regional Communications Lead
- Scottish Eastern – No current vacancies – co-opted members welcome
- Scottish Northern – Social Media Lead, Member Activity Lead, Regional Communications Lead
- Scottish Western – Chair, Vice Chair – Regional Forum Lead, Social Media Lead, Member Activity Lead
- South East – Chair, Member Activity Lead, Secretary
- South West – Chair, Vice Chair – Regional Forum Lead, Social Media Lead, Member Activity Lead, Secretary, Regional Communications Lead
- Trent – Chair, Secretary
- Wales – Member Activity Lead
- West Midlands – Chair, Member Activity Lead (shared Role)
There are currently vacancies in all regions for a variety of roles. Regional committees also welcome up to 6 co-opted members which may include: higher education representatives, retired members, associate members, student members, Unison representatives and local group representatives.
All member contributions are valued; get in touch if you are interested in supporting your professional committee.
If you would like to Apply Please fill out the nomination form.
Nominations will close at midnight on 31 August 2017.
For information on the committee roles, please see the role descriptions below:
- Job description - Chair.doc (DOC, 313.5KB)
- Job description - Secretary.doc (DOC, 314KB)
- Job description - Vice Chair.doc (DOC, 325KB)
- Job description - Member Activity Lead.docx (DOCX, 58.26KB)
- Job description - Regional Communications.doc (DOC, 312.5KB)
- Job Description - Social Media Lead.docx (DOCX, 57.46KB)
- RCOT Regional Committee Vacancies -Nomination-Form.docx (DOCX, 304.64KB)