We organise educational events, act in an advisory and consultative capacity, and provide updates on developments in national policies affecting learning disability services.
We support each other's professional development and work cooperatively to shape and influence learning disability national policy.
Our networks create links between occupational therapists and students who have an interest in people with learning disabilities.
Become a member
Become a member of the RCOT Specialist Section - People with Learning Disabilities and network with occupational therapists working in the field of learning disabilities.
Membership gives you the opportunity as a RCOT member to join a national network of occupational therapists working in the field of learning disabilities. Membership also gives you the opportunity to contribute to learning disability practice by sharing developments of your practice. Get support from our committee and regional representatives. Have your say in our discussion forums and contribute to promoting high quality services for people with learning disabilities.
Benefits of joining include
- A 6 monthly newsletter
- Access to a national network of occupational therapists working in the field of learning disability
- Opportunity to apply for funding of up to £100
- Access to a rich bank of resources which are regularly updated and added to
- Contact with local and regional groups for networking and promoting attainment of CPD requirements
- Reduced fees for our annual national conference and organised study days
- Signposting to links with occupational therapists and educational establishments to support research projects
- Representation of your interests at national level within RCOT
- Opportunities to comment/advise on national and local issues including relevant guidance, policies and legislation
Membership is open to RCOT members interested in furthering their knowledge of learning disabilities.
Annual membership fees:
- RCOT occupational therapist member £30
- RCOT associate member £15
- RCOT student member £15
Send a completed membership form to the following address along with a cheque for the correct membership fee made payable to Royal College of Occupational Therapists Ltd posted to the address below:
FAO Angelyn Easton
Royal College of Occupational Therapists
106-114 Borough High Street,
London SE1 1LB