RCOT SS - Independent Practice represents occupational therapists who are self-employed or work for employers outside of the NHS and local authority sector - including private occupational therapy practices, housing associations, equipment manufacturers and retailers, private medical facilities and insurance companies.
Joining RCOTSS-Independent Practice will offer you the following benefits:
- The chance to attend one of our Start-up Training Workshops if you’re thinking about moving into independent practice or have already taken the first steps.
- A unique opportunity to market your practice to potential customers with a listing in our popular online directory of independent occupational therapists.
- Discounts on a range of business services, including indemnity insurance.
- Information, including our Start Up Pack for new members, our bi-monthly e-newsletter, briefing papers, email updates, our telephone helpline and our email enquiry service.
- Opportunities to keep up-to-date with developments in the sector and meet other independent occupational therapists by attending our annual conference and/or joining one of our regional networks.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities to help you constantly improve the quality of the services you provide to your clients.
We also have a Medico-legal Forum, which provides support and advice for members working as independent witnesses in the legal system.
- Visit the Independent Practice website
- Call the Professional Practice Enquiries Service at the Royal College of Occupational Therapists on 020 7450 2330
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join us today
- Sign up for our free newsletter for independent occupational therapists
Become a member
- We organise an annual conference to keep you up-to-date with your professional practice and it's a great networking opportunity
- An established 'look before you leap' programme to support new members entering into the world of independent practice
- Regional meetings and study days as well as regional reps that are available to support you
- Monthly e-updates to keep you up to date with the latest developments in our sector
- Entry onto our new directory that will allow members of the public or commercial companies to search for you by geographical area or specialism
- A dedicated helpline for the public to gain easy access to independent occupational therapists registered on our directory
- A range of specially negotiated services for our members e.g. Access to the DLF index (75% reduction)
- Reduction for members on conference attendance
- We actively promote the benefits of independent occupational therapy at many national events.
Why do the public want to find and use RCOT SS - Independent Practice members?
- Membership of a Specialist Section is considered best practice in your career as an occupational therapist
- Our members are all RCOT members and HCPC registered
- Our members have access to peer support and professional updates
- We are affiliated to the Royal College of Occupational Therapists, the professional body in the UK for all occupational therapists
How do I join?
We welcome membership from occupational therapists new to independent practice, those who are considering it in the future or those already established but looking for additional networking and support.