We provide professional and clinical information on all aspects of occupational therapy practice related to older people. We have a responsibility to keep abreast of relevant professional, practice, policy and legislative developments and issues. Our members include occupational therapy staff from both physical and mental health services for older people.
Become a member
Membership is open to RCOT members interested in furthering their knowledge of older people with benefits including networking with occupational therapists that share your passion.
Membership gives you the opportunity to network with occupational therapists from across the UK who share your passion for older peoples' services.
Enhance your own skills and knowledge while sharing and developing your own expertise. If you are an occupational therapist or support worker with an interest in older people, then our Specialist Section will assist in meeting your professional learning and development needs, as well as enabling you to share best practice.
Benefits of joining include:
- Access to a national network of occupational therapists working with older people in a wide variety of areas of expertise and practice
- Share ideas and best practice through our specialist Clinical Forums in acute and emergency care, care homes, dementia, falls, intermediate care and mental health
- Three newsletters a year including articles, book reviews, conference reviews, research development, national developments and reports
- Annual study events dedicated to occupational therapists working with older people
- Joint annual professional development event with the RCOT annual conference including reduced registration fees
- CPD opportunities as a member of our national executive committee
- Opportunities to apply for research and development grants
- Opportunity to comment/advise on national issues including relevant guidance, policies and legislation
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of practice guidelines and guidance for occupational therapy staff
Annual membership fees:
- RCOT member £30
- RCOT associate member £10
- RCOT retired member £10
- RCOT student member £10
Please include your email address on the membership form below.
Send a completed membership form to the following address along with a cheque for the correct membership fee-making cheques payable to RCOT Specialist Section - Older People
Selvin Ennis, Specialist Sections Membership Administrator
Royal College of Occupational Therapists
106-114 Borough High Street
Update my contact details
If you are an existing member but have changed your contact details since your last renewal, please complete the form below.
This can be either emailed or sent via post to the address above.
Please note that we cannot confirm receipt of application or renewal forms. Once an application or renewal has been processed the member will receive a letter detailing their membership number. New members shall also receive a membership handbook.
Find out more
If you have specific membership enquiries please contact the Membership Administrator directly: Selvin.Ennis@rcot.co.uk
If you have any general enquiries about the RCOT SS - Older People webpages or correspondence, please contact Sarah Montgomery, Communications Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org