RCOT Specialist Section - Housing provides a forum for occupational therapists and occupational therapy staff that have an interest in housing, inclusive design and accessible home environments.
We work closely with other related organisations and professionals with a similar interest. We advocate for improved standards of housing for older and disabled people. We work to influence consultations at both national and local level regarding housing and the built environment.
If you find the repository resources useful, why not consider becoming a RCOT SS - Housing member to access numerous additional benefits?
Become a member
If you practise in the health, social care or independent sectors, and 'housing' forms part or all of your work, membership of RCOT Specialist Section - Housing enhances your skills and knowledge.
Have your voice heard within RCOT and help raise standards as well as receiving support from other like-minded professionals. Annual membership is in the region of 400 people, supported by UK-wide regional representatives.
Benefits of joining:
- Access to members with specialist skills
- Access to local meetings to enable discussion and support on clinical and non-clinical issues
- Comprehensive membership handbook sent through the e-mail network
- Membership of regional groups who organise study days and regional events
- Influence national and local consultations in relation to legislation, policy, standards and guidance
- Share and receive regular up to date information on your queries regarding policy and good practice via our e-mail network
- Contribute to continual professional development
- Funded research and development opportunities
- Reduced costs at annual conference and study days for members
Annual membership fees:
- RCOT member £35
- RCOT student member £12
- RCOT associate member £20
- RCOT retired member £12
- RCOT overseas membership £47
Additional membership incentives
New member introduction scheme: Introduce a friend/colleague and you will receive £5 off your next membership. Remember to ask the new recruit to name you in the appropriate section of their membership form.
If paying by BACS please send copy of remittance advice and application form together to the address below.
Please send the completed membership form to the address below along with a cheque for the correct membership fee.
Please make cheques payable to "Royal College of Occupational Therapists Ltd". You can also make payment via bacs or online banking.
Membership queries should be directed to:
- Membership line: 0844 66 52 52 1
- Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge
- Fax: 0844 66 52 52 3
- Email: email@example.com
1 Old Hall Farm Road
St Helen Auckland