The Royal College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section Trauma and Orthopaedics is a dedicated organisation for occupational therapists working throughout the United Kingdom and internationally in a range of areas associated with Orthopaedics and Trauma.
Members work in a variety of settings including:
- Community rehabilitation teams
- Social care
- Intermediate care
- Older people's rehabilitation
- Independent practice
- Upper and lower limb amputee rehabilitation
- Critical care
We work closely with other related organisations and professionals with a similar interest. We share and exchange knowledge, skills and ideas and provide access to resource material to promote research and evidence-based practice.
Become a member
Become a member and enhance your own skills and knowledge and share expertise.
Membership gives you the opportunity to network with occupational therapists from across the country who share your special interests and common challenges.
Get support from our committee and regional representatives.
Have your say and contribute to promoting high quality services for trauma and orthopaedics practice.
We have over 200 members, regional groups and a number of sub-groups in diverse areas of practice.
Benefits of joining include:
- Access to a national network of occupational therapists working with clients in a wide variety of areas of expertise and practice
- Opportunities to establish and develop knowledge and skills that are specialist specific
- Opportunities to share and receive upto date information via our e-newsletter including articles, book reviews, research development and reports
- Regular regional meetings providing study events and networking
- Reduced registration fees at our annual national conference
- CPD opportunities as a member of a regional or national committee
Membership is open to RCOT members interested in furthering their knowledge of trauma and orthopaedics.
Annual membership fees:
- RCOT Member: £30
- RCOT Rotational Member: £20
- RCOT Student Member: £10
Send a completed membership form to the address below. Please pay via bank transfer or send a cheque for the correct membership fee. Make cheques payable to: RCOTSS - Trauma and Orthopaedics.
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org