The UKOTRF will be inviting research proposals to be submitted in two main grant categories in the 2018 funding round. The overall aim of funding support is to meet identified research priorities within the profession and to build research capacity and capability within occupational therapy.
- Research Priority Grant (up to two grants of up to £80,000 each)
To support a major research project that clearly addresses an identified professional research priority area. Applicants will need to justify the priority need for their proposal in relation to national/local policy and priority for practice
- Research Career Development Grant (up to three grants of up to £10,000 each)
This grant provides support towards doctoral or early postdoctoral (up to five years from completion of PhD or similar) research for individuals who can demonstrate their intention to pursue a research career pathway as an occupational therapy researcher
For all grants, the lead applicant must a member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT) at the time of applying. Co-applicants may include non-occupational therapists. Co-applicants who have a UK occupational therapy qualification must meet the BAOT membership criterion as stated above.
- Mid-October 2017 – full details and application forms available online
- Wednesday 14 February 2018 – deadline for return of grant proposals
- Friday 18 May 2018 – applicants notified of outcome
Help and advice
Contact the Research and Development Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or queries.